Permitted and prohibited objects
Speed up your entrance on site! Leave your bags and strollers at the checkroom, or better, at home or in the car.
ALL BAGS WILL BE SEARCHED.
To speed up the entrance on site, the crowd will be split in three lines :
- empty-handed people
- search of strollers and mobility-impaired people
- Search of backpacks
The Festival also reserves the right to conduct, in certains situations, a body search or a search using a magnetic detector.
- Beach towel
- Disposable cameras and non-professional (professional = interchangeable lenses)
- Empty plastic bottle, rigid or crumpled
- Guide or service dog (an attestation may be requested)
- Hand sanitizer bottle (max 250ml)
- Light meals (ex : sandwich, fruits) - no rigid container
- Non-professional digital cameras (professional = interchangeable lenses)
- Plastic baby bottle and cups
- Prescription drugs
- Seat pad with a back without rigid frame
- Small backpack/bag
- Strollers or trolleys
- Sunscreen (max 250 ml)
- Accessories with studs and shot
- Audio recorder with or without microphone
- Bat, ball, balloon of all kinds
- Bikes (except in the Desjardins bike parkings), skateboards and inline skates
- Camera stands, selfie stick, tripods or similar equipment
- Cannabis and its by-products
- Cooler, thermos, glass or metal container
- Drug and related accessory
- Fireworks or firecrackers
- Glass bottle and metal bottle
- Inflatable object
- Knives and blunt object
- Large camping-style backpack
- Laser pointer
- Liquid beverages of all kinds – Drinking fountains are located on the Plains of Abraham and at Parc de la Francophonie.
- Mechanical or industrial chain
- Megaphone or sound device that can disturb tranquility
- Metal bottle
- Motorcycle or bike helmets
- Musical instrument
- Object intended for sale/promotion without signed written permission from the Festival
- Object that could put the safety of other spectators at risk
- Portable and folding chair
- Professional video or photo equipment (professional = interchangeable lenses), drone
- Tablet and Ipad
- Tent, tarp or hammock
- Water pistol
Four checkrooms are available to leave objects that are prohibited on site.
Exception: weapons, alcohol, drugs and their by-products, animals, fireworks and firecrackers.
Bags will be searched before they're accepted at the checkroom.
Four checkrooms available :
Plains of Abraham
Cross of Sacrifice entrance
Parc de la Francophonie
Place George-V entrance on Wilfrid-Laurier avenue
Inside the building
Cost : $5 per person.
Lost objects will be kept during 48 hours at the booth located on the corner of Wilfrid-Laurier and PIace George-V Est.
It will then be possible to pick them up at the Festival d’été de Québec offices located at 683, rue St-Joseph Est, bureau 150, Québec (Québec) G1K 3C1.
-> Objects like umbrellas ans water bottles will be kept for 30 days.
-> More valuable objects (keys, phones, etc.) for 90 days.
Unclaimed objects will then be donated to different Quebec City organisms.